Donel C. Kinnard Memorial State Veterans Cemetery
The 349 acre facility is designed to provide an honorable, dignified resting place for West Virginia’s cherished veterans and their closest family members. Throughout its lifetime, the cemetery will accommodate burial space for approximately 60,000 qualified individuals.
We provide at no cost to the veteran
- Grave Site to Niche
- Opening and Closing
- Concrete Pre-set Crypt
- Headstone/Niche Cover
- Perpetual Care
- Presidential Memorial Certificate
Eligibility is based on the veteran’s service. Some spouses and dependent children also qualify for benefits, though other charges may apply. Order of death does not determine eligibility. Details regarding eligibility are available at www.veterans.wv.gov or inside the cemetery lobby. The National Gravesite Locator will allow you to locate someone’s gravesite in our cemetary. Make sure you select DONEL KINNARD MEMORIAL STATE VETERANS CEMETARY WV from the cemetery drop down field.
- The Donel C. Kinnard Memorial State Veterans Cemetery has a dedicated Honor Guard that provides Honors at the cemetery’s committal shelter for all veterans’ services.
- A Memorial Walkway complete with sitting areas, fountains, lights and statues weaves through parts of the cemetery grounds.
- The grave location of your loved on is furnished on a map and there is an electronic grave locator in the administration building available during visiting hours.
- The United States flag is flown over the DCKMSVC every day and is flown at half-staff on the morning of Memorial Day and during interment services. Graves are decorated with small United States flags the day before Memorial Day.
- Permanent grave markers are furnished by the government free of charge and without application from the family. Every effort is made to have markers set within 60 days of interment.
- The facility’s unique layout across beautiful rolling countryside provides a peaceful, private setting.
Donel C. Kinnard Memorial
State Veterans Cemetery
130 Academy Drive, Dunbar, WV 25064
Cemetery Administrator: Darrell S. Cunningham
Cemetery Cordinator: Jaime Cochran
For burial in DCK Cemetery- Click link below
The cemetery is open to visitors every day from dawn to dusk.
The administrative office is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm.
Click edit button to change this text.